On August 22nd we bid a tearful farewell to baby Joseph in Ferron. The graveside service was perfect and everyone was able to see little Joseph before he was laid to rest. Riley had a particularly hard time, he has such tender feelings and it's not hard to read him. In the Ault family there are 17 grandchildren. Of those only 6 are boys. For a long time there were only 3 Richard, Riley & Parker so they formed the "Dudes Club"...no girls allowed. They even have a motto,"the dudes, the dudes, the cotton ROCKIN dudes"
.jpg)
Those boys have the best time with each other, and this past summer at Lake Powell I overheard them talking about how the "Dudes Club" are going to buy a timeshare at Lake Powell and boat together when they grow up. They've already picked them out! These little boys have a bond that cannot be broken, they just love each other so much. So the thought of one of their "members" not being here on earth anymore was a little more than Riley could take. I explained that Joseph was going to be with Heavenly Father, but he's still a "dude" and they would know him again when they saw him because he would look just like Hyrum. I think it was really good closure for all of our family, and I'm grateful to Angela for allowing us to all be a part of this tender time.
No comments:
Post a Comment