Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Tinkerbell!


Can you believe my baby is 6 years old??? Where has the time gone? Yesterday was Lindsay's birthday and we spent it skiing at Park City. It was a beautiful day and the snow was perfect, just how I like it. The ski day on the other hand was another story for another day. All in all everyone had a fun day and we rushed home for a family birthday party which Lindsay would not attend until she was fully decked out in her birthday crown and birthday shirt. I had also bought her some press on nails and told her we'd put them on for her birthday so she was in her room with all of her guests waiting frantically pressing on nails (which popped right off). I think she belongs to me...what do you think? For those of you who don't know the story behind Tinkerbell I'll fill you in. When I was pregnant with Lindsay, Richard was seriously into Peter Pan...I mean dress up and watch Peter Pan everyday into Peter Pan. So when we asked him what he thought we should name his new baby sister who was on the way his reply without missing a beat was Tinkerbell. Of course I said no but he kept on bringing it up so finally I told him that if she came out with wings we'd name her Tinkerbell. He was happy with that answer because in his mind she was really going to come out with wings. Needless to say she did not and we did not. After hearing that story a few years ago she was so mad at us for not naming her Tinkerbell. She loves that name and decided she was going to start telling everyone her name was Tinkerbell and she does! About the 3rd day of Kindergarten she was skipping down the hall and one girl behind her said to her friend,"Look, there's Tinkerbell." Anyway Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Happy Birthday, a few days late Lindsay! My gift to you was to not have my baby on your birthday. Who likes to share birthdays? Not me. You make a very cute Tinkerbell. Love you.