Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Enrichment Leader???

Sunday I received a new calling (surprise, surprise!) ENRICHMENT LEADER!!! At first I was so excited about the calling...thinking of all the fun things I could do, but after meeting with the counselor over me I'm afraid I may have taken on more than I can do right now. I spent last night in tears at the thoughts of all the work on top of everything else I'm doing. I have never been on the enrichment committee so I guess I didn't know what it involved. Annalee is trying to teach me how to say NO so I promised my kids that I was going to spend the next month saying No to others so I could say Yes to them...I'm off to a rough start. While I knew I would not say no to a calling, I wish I would have had a little time to think about it before I made the decision. Although, I know it probably would not have made a difference in the end. I finished watching the documentary on President Hinckley this afternoon and at the end he says something that seemed to hit home for me today,"One cannot come to this sacred office without almost overwhelming feelings of inadequacy. Strengthened resolution to go forward comes from the knowledge that this is the work of God, that He is watching over it, that He will direct us in our efforts if we will be true and faithful and that our accountability is to Him." So I guess I'll face this head on and do it my way as I am directed by the Lord. If any of you have any great ideas, I'd love to hear them!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I have opinions about Enrichment. First and foremost: the simpler, the better.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't need an uplifting spiritual message on Thursday night. I don't need an elaborate, multi-step craft.

I like hang out time with the gals. With food.

Tonight, our ward is having girls' night out at a non-member Muslim's house. With food. And she's teaching us to belly-dance.

That's my kind of night! :)

Good luck. You'll do great!

The Carter Family said...

That is my calling and I love it. Your commitee will help you a ton and ya the more simple the better. but you will be great. That is right up your alley. Good Luck