Today I really have a lot to be thankful for. I started the day by driving six 3rd graders and one other mom to the zoo for a field trip. Normally this would be a pleasure...however because of Friday Night Madness tomorrow night that I'm in CHARGE of, and the fact that yesterday I spent at Hee Haw Farms with Lindsay's class for a field trip I've been a little stressed out. Merrill told me I should cancel, but I refused...something about making a commitment I guess??? I think maybe I should have taken his advise. On the way home from the Zoo while on I-215 one of my tires blew. I mean REALLY blew...rubber flying everywhere, smoke, swerving, you get the picture. I have roadside assistance, but as it turns out they refuse to change a tire on the freeway...too dangerous. They wanted to tow the car to a shop and have it fixed. "Fine" I said, "does the tow truck have room for 8?" To make a long story short, a former BYU football player stopped to help us and with a few problems we finally got it taken care of and were on our way (90 minutes later,the kids were bored out of their minds). While I was at Costco to order a new tire, which takes 3-5 days, my good friend Melanie called and asked if Merrill and I wanted to go to the Jazz game...row 2...dinner at the 100 club (an exclusive club on the 6th floor of the Energy Solutions Arena). I hesitated because I have so much to do, but as soon as I called Merrill he said,"tell her yes...we'll work it out!" We went and had a great time!
So big THANK YOU'S to...
Ed Kehl who helped...wait changed my tire! He ROCKS!
Merrill's parents for babysitting so we could go to the game.
and Melanie for hooking us up with a sweet night!
3 comments:
What A Bummer---I'm always so worried about getting a flat tire on the freeway.
WOW! You do have alot to be thankful for! I am glad it all worked out, & overall it turned out to be a great day!
I am looking forward to tonight...anything that you are in charge of is sure to be perfect!
I'm glad everything went o.k! That can be scary... especially with kids. Fabulous Friday will be just that, Fabulous! I'm in charge of ours next month :(
Post a Comment